FC Coding is
One step from 1st Principles to Solution!
Prose and FortranCalculus
- 1960s Started development under a NASA contract to TRW, Inc.
- 1968 NASA funding for project ended.
- 1971 Twelve people left TRW to start Prose, Inc using venture capital.
- 1974 First commercial version for Control Data Corp. computers (6600 or larger) became available and was called PROSE. PROSE was available on a few Time-Sharing computer systems throughout the US.
- 1974 First presentation of PROSE was rejected by those in charge of SIAM publications (i.e. some key professors) saying impossible.
- 1980s Last time-sharing computer with PROSE closed.
- 1984 Conversion of PROSE to FortranCalculus started.
- About 1991 FC was up and running under DOS 3.3
- 1993(?) FC started conversion to the Linux operating system.
- 1991 to 2006 Created 5 demo applications to show what FC can do.
- 2002 (digitalCalculus.com) Website construction started.
- 2006 to present: Trying to get the word out on Simplicity of fortranCalculus language.
- 2014 Found DOSbox program ... all our Apps (versions 6+) are up and running in Windows with it. Created FC-Compiler App that allows a user to compiler and run their own FC programs. FC-Compiler show 60+ source codes that a user can pick from and modify as he or she pleases and save under another name. FC-Compiler runs on most Windows OS. FC-Compiler is where all prospective users should start learning how to solve their math problems.